About The Internship
We’re looking for a Data Analyst / Scientist intern to join our Safety Marketplace team to provide data expertise as we work to make this world a safer place to move around. In this role, you’ll be part of and work closely with a cross-functional team consisting of engineers, product managers, safety ops, as well as other data scientists and applied scientists. This role will perform analyses related to our machine learning-based products.
What You’ll Do
Develop dashboards, pull data for analyses, build readouts for scientific experiments, opportunity sizing analyses, rule creation, review work by team members, and present results to the team.
• Written and spoken proficiency in English and in Portuguese
• Currently enrolled in Master’s or Ph.D. degree
• Availability to work 3 months full time in 2023 starting in June (flexible start date)
• Working rights in Brazil (no sponsorship available)
• Skills in Analytics, SQL, Python dashboarding, stats
Bonus Points If
• See the forest **and** the trees: Strong data analytics, you know the details that matter
• Trip obsessed: Taking time to build helpful relationships, you earn the trust of others within Uber through strong situational awareness and reliability
• One Uber: You demonstrate optimism, respect others and work well in a team
• Go get it: Understanding and being fully aware of how our business operates and how it makes money and sustains profitable growth, now and in the future
• Great minds don’t think alike: diversity of thought in teams makes us stronger.
• Bonus points for experimentation (e.g. A/B testing) and machine learning
Internships @ Uber
You have the rare chance to create a global impact – we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics. We offer expansive mentorship from Uber employees to guide you through your internship experience and for you to build personal networks and friendships with hardworking people who share your passion for technology.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.