Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA), the consulting arm of Visa, is a global team of industry experts in strategy… marketing, operations, risk and economics consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry.
Our VCA teams offers,
• Consulting services customized to the needs of Visa client’s business objectives and strategy
• Business and economic insights and perspectives that impact business and investment decisions
• Self service digital solutions Visa clients can leverage to improve performance in product, marketing and operations
• Proven data-driven marketing strategies to increase clients ROI
VCA team is looking for an individual to join our data science practice. This is a unique opportunity to gain broad experience, have significant responsibility for a variety of projects and engage with key decision-makers. Reporting to the Head of Data Science, this individual is responsible for fostering value creation from the use of the VCA data assets. The authorities include value creation through envisioning data-enabled strategies as well as enabling all forms of business outcomes through data management and enterprise model risk management. This individual will partner with the data scientists and data engineers to leverage existing data and help define future data needs that will drive business insights. The candidate must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. Adept at creative and critical thinking, be able to deconstruct problems and transform insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions.
• Provide strategic direction and management of the planning, development, and implementation of various projects and initiatives in support of the data governance and model governance across Data Science team.
• Create and manage a central process to capture, prioritize and manage data standards, roles and responsibilities, coordination, and decision rights across Data Science Team, related to processes and tools as well as success measurement
• In partnership with data scientists, drives compliance of the Model Risk management governance, data assets and policies.
• Identify and standardize the use and governance of data and models in support of the VCA business strategy. This includes the governance of data and algorithms/models used for analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making.
• Participate in business and strategic planning٫ implementation of policies٫ development of improvements of Data Science Strategy.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• BA or BS required, MBA or other relevant Masters degree preferred eg, engineering, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or other related fields
• At least 10 years of experience in Banking, Retailers or payment system.
• Has proven and demonstrated data and model governance knowledge
• Five plus years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
• Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes, and information strategies, and or designing strategic metrics and scorecards
• Able to communicate a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process
• Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills, able to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
• Gravitas to develop a framework for information and analytics governance, as well as to sell and embed it in all levels of the business.
• Capacity to work in a non-structured environment and help in building structure governance processes.
• Has strong planning, communication and presentation skills, and the capability to listen and influence
• Fluency in English or Spanish spoken or written. Portuguese is a plus.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law