An exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s largest enterprise software companies and have a direct influence in nurturing the next generation of tech talent.
Oracle for Startups serves startups at scale to drive Oracle Gen 2 Cloud usage by providing the most robust and value-priced cloud in the industry. We engage with startups of all sizes and stages, provide value, and for select startups, an opportunity to grow through their relationship with Oracle. Our startups are provided with best in class mentors, experts in the industry, and access to enterprise customers to develop their businesses.
At the heart of this sits our Operations, Product and Strategy team which works closely with cross-functional stakeholders to support many critical aspects of the Oracle for Startups program. The Oracle for Startups team relies heavily on our Growth Operations capabilities, which support the expansion and smooth running of the program.
In your role as a Growth Operations Manager, you… will be supporting the expansion of the Oracle for Startups program in LAD & North America. You will report into the Senior Manager of Finance & Growth Operations based in London, UK, and will work closely with the Marketing, Business Development and Cloud Architects teams, as well as Growth Operations Managers in other regions.
Your primary objectives and responsibilities will be:
Program Operations (60%):
• Assist with the design and implementation of operational systems and processes to support the efficient functioning of the local team and delivery of program activities in-region.
• Maintain local alignment to global operational guidelines to ensure that growth activities are delivered to the desired timeline and budget.
• Development of new processes, frameworks, and providing backbone support to our marketing, technical, communication and business development teams on the ground.
• Develop and implement frameworks and structures to drive engagement between local startup ecosystem and Oracle. You will have responsibilities for several local regions and be comfortable managing and building best practice across them all.
• Promote clear communication channels and cadences between local and global teams.
• Collaborate with other team members and internal Oracle functions to help support the smooth running of the program.
• Responsible for the design, development, localization and where required simplification of global processes to optimize to your allocated regions.
• Support with ongoing program operations including resolving day-to-day queries and acting as an interface for internal and external teams.
• Support with in-region program activities and event management tasks where needed.
• Interact directly with startups, mentors, ambassadors and partners as required.
Data and Performance Tracking (20%):
• Maintain end-to-end tracking and ownership of all performance goals and KPIs for your expansion markets and regions.
• Perform regular data analysis to drive insights from program data.
• Maintain reporting mechanisms to ensure effective project tracking and monitoring so that milestones, deliverables and budgets are met.
• Monitor KPIs and optimize processes to achieve success based on defined metrics.
• Provide strategic insight on program performance to support leadership with decision making.
• Prepare operational reports, strategic decks and presentations, as required.
Sales Operations Support (10%)
• Support the team with any troubleshooting or requirements to support the onboarding and provisioning of local start-ups within your region, working closely with our sales operations and internal teams.
• Provide best practices of ways in which we can localize the customer journey and experience to better fit the startups and teams within the regions you cover.
Finance & Procurement Support (10%):
• Support the team with finance and procurement activities, including liaising directly with suppliers to obtain required information and communicate updates.
• Provide regional financial updates and reports, as required.
Core skills and experience required:
• Minimum 3-years’ operations experience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with colleagues, Oracle and other partners.
• Ability to work with a range of people at all levels of the organization, and externally.
• Ability to handle complex scenarios and exercise sound judgement when liaising with stakeholders.
• Demonstrates proactivity and comfort with working in an often-ambiguous environment.
• Attention to detail and ability to synthesize information concisely.
• Bias towards action, team player, and problem-solver.
• Proficiency in English language, both oral and written, is required. Working proficiency in Spanish is highly advantageous and desirable.
• Ability to work across UK and US time-zones with cross-functional teams.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite and NetSuite (or comparable ERP and CRM systems/processes) is desirable.
Who are you?
• You will have a positive and creative attitude to solving problems and have the ability to think outside the box and ask questions to help improve the way we operate and report on our finances.
• You are able to manage your time efficiently and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• You are open minded and eager to learn and build new skills.
• You will be execution focused, organized and be able to deliver to tight deadlines.
• You are detail orientated with an understanding that the little things matter.
• You are flexible and comfortable to adjust, shape and change as the program evolves.
What’s important to us:
• Culture Matters: We will build great teams who embrace a common vision, principles, work ethic, and commitment to results. We will value different perspectives, learn from each other, and do hard things. Great people do great things.
• Resist Passivity: We will always have a bias for action when innovating, communicating, and executing. Prioritize actions and results.
• Always Be Scrappy: Just like the startups we serve, we need to take risks with minimal resources. This will keep us efficient, nimble and more likely position us for success. Operate like a startup inside of Oracle.
• Cloud Adoption Centric: When we evaluate our activities, initiatives and plans, we will always prioritize Oracle Cloud adoption and usage for our community of customers and partners. Do what we do and do it well.
• Metrics Driven: When possible (and it almost always is), we will measure our outcomes and seek to understand the levers to success. Test assumptions and measure the right things. Follow the data.
• Planetary Scale: The world generates hundreds of thousands of new businesses every year. We need to keep an eye on scaling our customer base on a planetary scale through capturing firms in highly automated and efficient fashion. Go big.
This is an opportunity to join a team in an exciting area of a well-established software giant and have a significant impact from day one