LAD Regional Program Manager – Oracle for Startups-21000M5S
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English, Portuguese
LAD Regional Program Manager, Oracle for Startups
An exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s largest enterprise software companies and have a direct influence in nurturing the next generation of tech talent.
Oracle for Startups serves startups at scale to drive Oracle Cloud Infrastructure usage by providing the most robust and value-priced cloud in the industry. We engage with startups of all sizes and stages, provide value, and for select startups, an opportunity to grow through their relationship with Oracle. Our startups are provided with best in class mentors, experts in the industry, and access to enterprise customers to develop their businesses.
In your role as a Regional Program Manager, you will be responsible for the expansion and smooth running of the Oracle for Startups program in… LAD. You will report into the Senior Director for Business Development & Market Connect. You will manage a small team including team members from Business Development, Market Connect and Technical Evangelists with close working relationships with our Marketing and Operations teams.
Program Strategy & Delivery (50%):
• Responsibility as the lead program manager for Oracle for Startups within LAD.
• Responsibility for setting the overall direction of the program in-region, and developing and executing a customer-focused strategy to drive adoption of Oracle Cloud and grow the profile of the Oracle for Startups program in LAD.
• Provide insight into local strategy and suggest best practices for ways in which we can localize the customer journey and experience to better fit startups within the LAD region.
• Collaborate with multiple teams within Oracle for Startups and with other LAD regional leads, including Business Development, Market Connect, Marketing, Cloud Architects and Operations, in order to ensure a smooth program delivery in LAD and remove any roadblocks.
• Coordinate with Regional Program Managers in other regions to ensure consistency in the program and to continuously improve program delivery.
• Ensuring that all activities lead to support the growth of startups on consuming Oracle IaaS and PaaS products and services.
• Deliver strategic insight on program performance to senior management to support leadership with decision making.
• Collaborate with other Oracle teams and internal functions as required to help support the smooth running of the program.
• Ensuring that the program delivers and outperforms its set KPIs, goals and objectives in LAD including metrics on increasing cloud consumption and number of startups on production workloads.
Relationship Management (50%):
• Act as an alliance builder both inside and outside of Oracle in the LAD region.
• You will be the first point of contact for relationships with Oracle leadership, sales, marketing and cloud leaders across various territories within LAD, and responsibility for activating and nurturing their involvement within the wider Oracle for Startups mission.
• Develop relationships with key stakeholders, e.g. VCs, angel investors, accelerators, incubators, in regional startup ecosystems.
• Participate in startup community events in-region to build relationships with startup founders and influencers.
• Supporting the development of relationships with local media, analyst and public relations as required in region.
Core skills/experience required:
• Minimum 5+ years of relevant industry experience, ideally within a startup, VC or running a similar corporate programme.
• Information technology industry experience and a deep understanding of the startup ecosystem is critical.
• Experience working in a global cross-functional team environment with the ability to work across several timezones where required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work with a range of people at all levels of the organization, and externally.
• Ability to handle complex scenarios and exercise sound judgement when liaising with stakeholders.
• Demonstrates proactivity and comfort with working in an often-ambiguous environment.
• Attention to detail and ability to synthesize information concisely.
• Bias towards action, team player, and problem-solver.
• Fluency in English and Spanish, both spoken and written, is required.
Who are you?
• You will have a positive and creative attitude to solving problems and have the ability to think
• outside the box and ask questions to help improve the way we operate and report on our finances.
• You have strong communication skills, with the ability to present technical ideas in a business-friendly language. You are the interpreter between both worlds.
• You are well networked in the startup ecosystem and are comfortable building relationships in new places and nurturing and growing them in existing ones.
• You are able to manage your time efficiently and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• You are open minded and eager to learn and build new skills.
• You will be execution focused, organized and be able to deliver to tight deadlines.
• You are detail orientated with an understanding that the little things matter.
• You are flexible and comfortable to adjust, shape and change as the program evolves.
What’s important to us?
• Culture Matters: We will build great teams who embrace a common vision, principles, work ethic, and commitment to results. We will value different perspectives, learn from each other, and do hard things. Great people do great things.
• Resist Passivity: We will always have a bias for action when innovating, communicating, and executing. Prioritize actions and results.
• Always Be Scrappy: Just like the startups we serve, we need to take risks with minimal resources. This will keep us efficient, nimble and more likely position us for success. Operate like a startup inside of Oracle.
• Cloud Adoption Centric: When we evaluate our activities, initiatives and plans, we will always prioritize Oracle Cloud adoption and usage for our community of customers and partners. Do what we do and do it well.
• Metrics Driven: When possible (and it almost always is), we will measure our outcomes and seek to understand the levers to success. Test assumptions and measure the right things. Follow the data.
• Planetary Scale: The world generates hundreds of thousands of new businesses every year. We need to keep an eye on scaling our customer base on a planetary scale through capturing firms in highly automated and efficient fashion. Go big.
This is an opportunity to join a team in an exciting area of a well-established software giant and have a significant impact from day one.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a manager in the product development division, you will lead a team that defines product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate business needs. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Location: BR-BR,Brazil-Sao Paulo
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire