Principal Data Scientist
São Paulo-SP, Brazil or Porto Alegre-RS, Brazil
Who We Are
In 2021, Poatek was acquired by WillowTree, an award-winning digital product consultancy recognized as one of the fastest growing and best places to work in the United States. Now a TELUS International company, with offices across the globe, we continue to partner with the world’s leading brands, such as the NBA, Capital One, HBO, PepsiCo, Domino’s and more, to design, build, and transform their digital products and strategies. We’re looking to grow our Poatek offices in Brazil with top talent excited to collaborate with team members across the globe to deliver innovative solutions for our clients.
Location and Flexibility
This is a hybrid role, which we’ve termed Work from Near (WFN). You’ll work on-site from either our São Paulo or Porto Alegre office at least three days a week and have the flexibility to work remotely for two days a week. Our WFN culture is designed to foster in-person… innovation, collaboration, and connection with team members local and visiting from other global offices.
As a Data Scientist on our team, you’ll design, develop, and deliver machine learning solutions, decipher loosely defined problems using complex datasets, and determine appropriate analytical and modelling techniques. You’ll analyze structured and unstructured data, establish automated processes for large-scale modelling, perform exploratory analysis, and collaborate with peers on data acquisition and exploration, demonstrating a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
• Work on all aspects of the design, development and delivery of machine learning enabled solutions for our clients;
• Come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over complex datasets across multiple platforms;
• Determine analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes;
• Analyze and interprets data from structured and unstructed data sources in both batch and streaming modes;
• Establish efficient, automated processes for large-scale modeling;
• Perform ad-hoc exploratory and explanatory analysis;
• Become part of a highly skilled and geographically distributed team;
• Collaborate with peers on problem definitions, data acquisition, data exploration, visualization as well as building the tools that support this process;
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
• A Bachelor and/or Master degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or other related subject
• Strong command of statistical programming languages (especially R and Python)
• Model development in Python (machine learning, recommendation engines)
• Big Data Hadoop work experience (either integration the models with the tools in Hadoop or other)
• Software development experience from scoping, requirements design, development, integration, testing, go live to PROD (vs internal research work)
• Experience working with Bank raw data (credit card, customer, product, real-time and batch)
• Other programming experience (Spark, SAS, Scala, Java, etc.) is a huge plus
• Experience in working with large datasets and relational databases is highly desirable (SQL)
• Ability to work on distributed cloud platforms
• Exceptional written and verbal communication as well as presentation skill
• Curiosity and an investigative profile: you’re a data-driven problem solver!
Besides being part of an innovative consultancy company with an international culture, you will have:
• Be part of an innovative consultancy company
• Flexible hours and autonomy
• Work in international and agile projects
• International travels
• Voucher for health activities
• English classes
• Support in national and international courses
• Food allowance
• Snacks, drinks and video game in the office
• Work in a company with highly-skilled professionals
• Transportation or parking spot
• Annual attractive bonus.
Equality is a principle here at Poatek. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Therefore we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.
We will only use the information you provide to process your application and to produce tracking statistics. Since we do not request personal data deemed sensitive, we ask you to abstain from sharing those information with us.