Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people’s relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About The Team
A strong Data Foundation supports strategic decision-making. The availability and accuracy of data have a direct impact on Nubank’s business operations.
We Measure Data Governance Results In
Data Democracy enables agility and growth. Data Accountability creates responsibility for all data users across the organization. Our customers expect us to keep their data secure and private, and we have legal and regulatory obligations with data.
• Clear data ownership
• Strong data quality
• Consistent data availability
• Data compliance
• Effective data privacy
• Data security
• Effective data usability
We are responsible for defining the strategy and driving the implementation of the Data Governance model through policies, processes, tools and people. Scaling capabilities and establishing guidelines for adequate use of data.
About The Role
Is expected for this particular role to support and drive the rollout implementation of Data Governance in an organized and scalable way. That means, collaborating with business teams and supporting them on acquiring new responsibilities and capabilities regarding Data Management. Our main goal is to liberate each Nubanker to Find, Understand, Trust, Monitor & Protect Data, and you would support all this process.
Expected In This Role
• Fast learn the business needs and be able to propose tailor made recommendations considering Data Capabilities;
• Analyze and connect different data to identify opportunities;
• Partner with different teams (technology, engineers and mostly with business units);
• Partner with others to use tools, processes, and techniques to sub-linearly scale Data Governance;
• Communicate, align and engage effectively with different stakeholders (internal and external).
• Able to connect business needs with local team needs, connecting initiatives and influencing stakeholders when necessary.
• Collaborate on strategy and propose action plans to scale Data Governance;
• Follow up the rollout implementation of the program (agile and incremental), evaluating priorities, impact and value added (long term and short term results);
• Align and support internal teams that are building enablers for the program;
• Conduct process redesign, understand opportunities of the current process and make suggestions for the future – map the impact of each change on the process;
• Follow up intermediary KPIs and results metrics (specially adoption metrics);
• Engage and influence other people;
• Stakeholders mapping and management;
• Communication strategy and execution;
• Knowledge management strategy;
Experience on conducting/participating on big initiatives and complex projects
Comprehension of the implications of Data Products and Data Governance
Organization, planning, autonomy, practicality, good communication (speaking and writing).
Being available and willing to contribute and actively participate in execution.
Experience working with Change Management initiatives and Cultural Changes
Experience working with Process Redesign
Brazil / Remote.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nubank, we want to be sure that we’re building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That’s why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represents a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent