Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Data Scientist will work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams to develop complex proof of concepts, minimum viable products and fully deployable solutions. In this role, you will create complex predictive and optimization models that help deliver significant value to the company’s businesses and functions.
• Continuously seek out best practices and develop skills.
• Work on multidisciplinary teams of data engineers, software engineers, data scientists and business subject matter experts to deliver complex projects on time and within budgets.
• Translate ambiguous and complex business problems into project… charters clearly identifying technical risks and project scope.
• Take ownership for the entire data science workflow that includes a well defined, complex project scope, exploratory data analysis, model development, deployment and monitoring.
• Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, math, engineering or related field or equivalent experience,
• Confirmed ability to present to non technical audiences
• Strong python programming skills
• Experience in a minimum of two machine learning algorithms approaches: unsupervised, supervised and reinforcement learning
• Minimum of four years of related work experience
• Fluency in English
• Master’s degree or PhD in data science, computer science, math, engineering or related field
• Strong data visualization skills
• Strong SQL skills
• Experience working with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
• Experience working with Hadoop and other distributed computing frameworks
• Experience working with AWS
• Experience in software development environment and code management or versioning
• Experience in agriculture
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill’s long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment