The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
We are looking for a creative, entrepreneurial, and impact focused Product Management intern to join our team. The Freemium mission is a cross-functional growth team with a focus on increasing the number of Spotify users and growing average revenue per user (ARPU).
In this role, you will define and drive product discovery and strategy. If you can’t decide what you love the most, tech, business or design, product manager might… just be the right role for you. You will help run product requirements, design and prototyping processes and work with your peers to discover a product solution to the business opportunity that is valuable, usable and feasible.
We want you to contribute a genuine passion and enthusiasm for the product and mission. This means understanding and sharing the user’s pain and needs with the business and the team so that they are both able and encouraged to help.
What you’ll do
• Develop knowledge of insights and identify knowledge gaps for the product area
• Partner with design, engineering, product insights, and functions throughout the business to drive growth and the product experience to the next level
• Passionately help drive focus of the team towards the right objectives, balancing short versus long term needs, balance the needs of different stakeholders
• Work with functions in all parts of the organization, and help build buy-in and alignment for your goals and roadmaps
• Collaborate with other product managers, influencing with strategy and insight e.g. by developing perspective on cross product area opportunities
Who you are
• You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in product or project management, UX design, computer science, data science, machine learning or a related field of study. We encourage diverse experiences!
• You have a graduation year date of 2023 or 2024 and currently have valid work authorization to work in the country in which this role is based that will extend from June to August 2023.
• You are curious with a keen eye for detail, and a great team player with excellent communication skills.
• You learn quickly and are comfortable context switching between different problem spaces.
• You have dabbled in Product/Project Management practices via prior internships, coursework, and/or projects.
• You have experience in Project management and or Analytics methodologies.
Where you’ll be
• We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
• Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
• Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
• Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is April 19th, 2023 at 11 AM EST.
The United States hourly rate for this position is 33.00 USD (Undergraduate First Year & Sophomores), 42.00 USD (Undergraduate Juniors & Seniors), 49.00 USD (Masters) & 58.00 USD (PhD) per hour plus a one time intern stipend of 2,253 USD. This position is overtime eligible. These rates may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service