The Business Intelligence and Data Analytics team plays a critical role in conducting close-loop data-driven business iterations. As business intelligence specialists and data analysts, our scope of work is not limited to just performance monitoring and reporting, but also in proactively finding actionable insights to help drive high-impact business changes. Our end-to-end data solution reduces the gap between the business teams and technical teams, and achieves real ‘intelligence’ in the iteration cycle. Browse our Business Intelligence and Data Analytics team openings to see how you can make an impact with us.
About The Team
The Data & Analytics team plays a critical role in conducting close-loop data-driven business iterations. The team collaborates closely with Marketplace’s internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and deliver actionable insights to shape business strategy.
Our scope of work is not limited to the development of solutions and data products, such as… dashboards, reports, and datasets focused on monitoring and reporting results. We have a role in facilitating problem-solving processes, actively seeking process efficiency and solutions to help play a role in critical, high-impact changes to the business.
• Conduct in-depth close-loop data analysis based on squad’s related data;
• Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to design data solutions and pipelines that can drive the greatest impact (e.g. process optimization, driving business insights);
• Work with large datasets to problem-solve, identify key business issues or opportunities, construct hypotheses, and investigate the “why” behind trends and observations;
• Drive visibility into business performance by defining and monitoring key business metrics;
• Communicate and present insights to key stakeholders and senior management;
• Drive decisions and controls by providing effective dashboards, visualizations, and reports;
• Mentor technically less experienced team members;
• Improve data literacy across the enterprise by teaching and sharing best practices;
• Ability to grasp new ideas, complete tasks with minimal supervision, prioritize, organize or re-organize work, and manage time efficiently and effectively;
• Professional and accountable work ethic.
• Experience in analytical roles;
• Knowledge in SQL is a must and Python is desirable;
• Comfortable working with large data sets and numbers;
• Knowledge in data warehousing, ETL/ELT process, and big data ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Hive) is preferred;
• Experience working with data visualization tools to report data and drive insights;
• A good understanding of Data Analysis and Analytics frameworks is a plus;
• Written and verbal English communication skills with the ability to present complex data and information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including executives and technical/non-technical leaders;
• Thrives in a dynamic work environment, able to prioritize tasks by understanding short term and long term business goals;
• Have good interpersonal skills and is comfortable in engaging stakeholders from different levels